Daylight savings time is about to vanish until next year. As you get ready to manually change some of your devices, it’s also time to do a little home maintenance and safety inspection to welcome in the season. Here are a few tasks that should be on your list:
- Seal air leaks – Check your windows, doors and other areas for seepage and seal them if needed. This will cut down on your energy bill and keep the heat in when it’s cold.
- Contact a chimney sweep – You should have your chimney inspected annually, especially if you use it.
- Get your furnace inspected.
- Replace the batteries in your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide alarms.
- Flip your mattress or rotate it the other way.
- Reverse your ceiling fan – Reversing your blades to operate clockwise will give you savings on your energy bill.
- Drain your water heater on a quarterly basis.
- Wrap your tree trunks on deciduous trees – Using crepe paper will help to prevent sunscald in the winter.
- Turn off exterior faucets in very cold climates.
For more tips, contact us at Lou Aggetta Insurance and get a quote today!