Most children are trying to enjoy as much of the warm weather as they can before going back to school by spending time in the backyard. While playing at their own home allows you to keep a better eye on them, it is also important to make sure that you take the proper precautions to keep them safe. Follow these tips to ensure your children’s safety around the yard.
- Keep all lawn care products, plant food, insecticides, and other garden chemicals locked away in the proper storage area to keep them out of the reach of children.
- Never leave power tools or gardening tools out in the open. Make sure to store them in a locked shed to ensure children are not able to get a hold of them.
- Take the time to teach your children about the different plants in the yard and the potential hazards they create, such as thorns that can cut them.
- Never leave a child unattended in the pool area. Make sure to install a self-locking gate around the pool to ensure that nobody can get into the pool when there is no supervision.
- Always empty kiddie pools after use to ensure that children are not able to go into the water when there is not supervision.
- Create a 3-foot safety zone around your grill and make sure children know not to enter the zone when the grill is lit.
- When doing any project around the yard, make sure to wear the proper safety equipment to be a good example for your children. Also, make sure that your children stay a safe distance away when you are working on the projects.
For all of your homeowners insurance needs to ensure that you are protected from any unfortunate backyard problems, contact Lou Aggetta Insurance in Pleasant Hill, California.