Many drivers don’t think about auto maintenance until they have a problem. There are many simple steps you can take to keep make sure your car keeps running well. Here are some things to consider when it comes to maintaining your car.
- Check your tires regularly. Don’t just check the pressure but do a visual inspection to check for wear or and foreign objects.
- Rotate your tires and have a visual inspection of your brakes done at the same time.
- Keep your oil clean by changing it regularly.
- If you have a check engine light go on, you can have it checked for free at most chain auto parts stores.
- Be proactive in checking your battery and alternator. This can also be done at a chain auto parts store for free.
- Check your radiator fluid regularly.
- Be sure to check your transmission fluid.
- Watch your fuel mileage. If it begins to go down it may be an indication of a problem.