It’s the season for holiday parties and get-togethers—a great time to remind party goers to take precautions if they plan to drink. Almost 11,000 people were killed in alcohol-related crashes last year; over 400 died in the last two weeks of December alone. If you plan to party this season, keep these tips in mind.
- Designate one person to drive your group home and make sure that person sticks to soft drinks.
- If you don’t have a designated driver, call a cab. Better yet, call ahead and schedule a cab before you even head out to the party.
- If you are going to drink, pace yourself. Never drink more than one alcoholic drink per hour.
- Alternate an alcoholic drink with a soft drink or glass of water.
- Make sure you eat throughout the evening, especially foods rich in protein.
- If you’re at all unsure if you should drive—DON’T! Ask your host to call you a cab or catch a ride with friends. Be safe, not sorry.
The insurance team at Lou Aggetta Insurance wants you to enjoy your holiday parties and get home safely. If you have any questions about your insurance coverage, contact us and get a quote today!