With a flu shot shortage, know how to best protect yourself.
The best way to prevent the flu is by getting your flu shot. Unfortunately, there is a shortage of flu shots that has left millions of Americans without the best defense against the strain of flu that’s prevalent this year. If you’re thinking of using 5 Ds: Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive, and . . . Dodge, this strategy will only work for things bigger than a wrench, and viruses are about a thousand times smaller than a bacteria cell (which is already way smaller than a human cell). Fortunately, there are ways you can skip the virus and protect you and your family from the nastiness of the flu.
Follow these simple steps:
- Wash your hands – warm water, soap, and scrub for 15 seconds. Do this every time you cough or sneeze, and especially after meals. Hand sanitizers are great to have around the house and at your desk while you’re working.
- Vampire cloak method when coughing or sneezing – when no tissues are available to you, cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze. Use your sleeve or the inside of your elbow to prevent whatever is being expelled from your body from landing directly onto your hands.
- Avoid direct and close contact – Avoid public crowded places. People are the best carriers for this virus, and when there’s a plethora of people sneezing and coughing, your chances of contracting the virus will only go up.
What to do if you contract the flu:
- Stay indoors – don’t be a carrier for the virus! Stay indoors and try to avoid most, if not all, contact with other human beings.
- Stay clean – Of course, staying in is easier said than done. Take a bottle of hand sanitizer with you to keep your hands bacteria-free at all times. If you don’t have sanitizer, be sure to wash your hands with soap and water every time you sneeze and cough.
Be sure you and your family are taken care of should if you get sick; the best way to find a health insurance policy that will best suit your needs is to work with the right insurance agent. Contact the professionals at Lou Aggetta Insurance Agency in Pleasant Hill, California. We will work with you to make sure you have the protection you deserve, all at the right price.