With Halloween fast approaching, it’s the best time to put the finishing touches on your costume and jack o’ lantern. All the fun and excitement that surrounds the holiday make it easy to forget simple safety procedures. Keep these simple Halloween safety tips in mind to ensure everyone has a fun and safe holiday!
- When choosing a costume for your children, make sure to pick one that fits properly. Long, dragging costumes can cause your child to trip and fall. Also, make sure to choose comfortable shoes that your child can walk in for a long period of time.
- Use face paint instead of a mask to complete your child’s costume. A mask can obstruct their view. Make sure to test the face paint on a small area of your child’s skin to know that it doesn’t irritate them.
- Fasten reflective tape or stickers to your child’s costume to make them more visible to passing drivers. Having your child carry a glow stick or flashlight will also help them more be visible, while also allowing them to see better in the dark.
- Don’t allow children under the age of 12 to trick or treat alone. Always make sure they have proper supervision.
- If you have older children who are trick or treating with friends, make sure that they stay in neighborhoods that they’re familiar with.
- If you’re driving on Halloween night, make sure to use extra caution and stay alert. Children are very excited on Halloween and can easily dart into the street with no warning.
- Before you allow your children to enjoy their Halloween candy, make sure to inspect it and throw away any pieces that are open or look like they’ve been tampered with.
Lou Aggetta Insurance Services would like to wish you and your family a fun and safe Halloween!