Avoid spooks this season with the help of these Halloween safety tips.
Halloween is almost here, and that means preparing costumes and getting the candy ready for the kids. However, as you get caught up in all the excitement, don’t forget to think about safety. From ensuring that your kids are safe to protecting your property, there are lots of safety concerns around Halloween.
- Choose a costume that can be hemmed above the ankle to avoid any tripping. Additionally, choose a costume that can easily be seen in the dark.
- Make sure children can see and breathe properly when wearing masks.
- Young Trick or Treaters should be supervised at all times. Ensure a parent is watching out for them at all times.
- Remind your children of stranger danger. Ensure that they know never to enter the home of a stranger while trick or treating for any reason.
- Check your child’s candy before they consume any. Throw away any pieces that look like they have been tampered with.
Halloween party safety:
- Ensure your home is well-lit. Keeping your home well-lit isn’t just a sign that someone is home, but it helps to keep your guests and trick-or-treaters safe from tripping hazards as they make their way to your front door.
- Be smart about decoration placements. Don’t overload electrical circuits, don’t block paths, and only put outdoor decorations outside.
- If you’re hosting, make sure to offer your guests non-alcoholic drinks for those driving.
- Opt for battery-powered candles instead of real tealights that can pose a significant fire threat.
Keeping frights at bay has never been easier with a dash of patience and a dollop of preparation! To keep your house protected throughout Halloween and beyond, contact the professionals at Lou Aggetta Insurance Services for your home insurance coverage.