Do You Know How Your Health Insurance Protects You?
With the implementation of the Affordable Care Act, a lot has changed in the healthcare world for Americans. While some people have been less than satisfied with some of these changes, the ACA does bring good news for people who like to actively prevent illness and disease.
You likely already know the regular screening is key in beating disease and cancer, as catching health issues early make treatment much easier and much more effective. Did you know, though, that your health insurance can pay for this type of preventative care?
Under the ACA, all Marketplace plans have to cover the following life-saving preventative screenings. That means you can get this preventative care without paying coinsurance or a copayment, even if you have not paid your yearly deductible in full!
- Screening and counseling for alcohol misuse
- Blood pressure screenings
- Cholesterol screenings for people of certain age or risk levels
- Depression screening
- Colorectal cancer screening for people over 50
- Diabetes (Type 2) screening for people who have high blood pressure
- HIV screening for people between the ages of 15 and 65
- Immunization vaccines including Hepatitis A and B, influenza, measles, mumps, and rubella
- Screening and counseling for obesity
- Screening for tobacco use, along with cessation intervention for smokers
Use this new ACA regulation to get screenings on the schedule recommended by your doctor so you can live your longest, healthiest life!
Understanding exactly which doctor’s visits your health insurance covers can be tricky. Fortunately, you have an insurance expert on your side who can quickly and easily answer all of your California coverage questions. To get a great health insurance policy with great service to go with it, contact Lou Aggetta Insurance, Inc. in Pleasant Hill today.