One of the pleasures of Thanksgiving is having family from far and near together to share food and enjoy each other’s company. But, all that unusual activity in your kitchen can, if you are not careful, lead to kitchen accidents. Our cooking safety tips can help:
- Keep boisterous kids away from hot stoves by setting up activities in another part of the house.
- Check your smoke alarm batteries to make sure that they are fresh and will go off in case of a fire.
- Stay at home while cooking or baking. And, use a timer to remind yourself that your oven is on.
- Keep all flammable objects from pot holders to towels to grocery bags far from your stove and oven.
- Always turn pot handles in so that you don’t accidentally knock hot sauces onto yourself while passing by.
- Keep a fire extinguisher in your kitchen to quickly handle flare-ups.
- Keep cooking surfaces clear of grease and build-up to reduce the likelihood of fires.
Looking for insurance in the Bay Area? Contact us at Lou Aggetta Insurance to get a quote today!