The older you get, the more you are able to enjoy all that life has to offer. You can appreciate the slower aspects of life, and take your time to revel in everyday situations. If in your more mature years, you start to notice that your driving abilities are not what they used to be, it may be time to think about giving up your time around the wheel.
There are different signs that it may be time to leave the driving up to other people, including:
- If you feel like other cars on the road are driving too fast for you to keep up with.
- If you miss turns or freeway exits because you are not able to react fast enough.
- If you feel that your vision is not good enough to allow you to clearly see what is going on ahead of your vehicle.
- If you think that your reaction time is slower than it used to be.
If many of the above situations apply to you, you may want to think about limiting the amount of driving that you do, or stop driving all together. If just one or two of the above situations apply to you, there are simple steps that you can take to help assure that you stay a safe driver. Some of these steps include:
- Doing a self-assessment of your driving.
- Taking a driver-refresher course.
- Making any adjustments to your vehicle.
- Changing your driving habits.
- Getting an objective driving evaluation from someone other than friends and family.
- Consult with a driver rehabilitation specialist.
Click here for more tips on staying safe behind the wheel into your wiser years.
For the most comprehensive auto insurance for mature drivers in the Pleasant Hill, California area to ensure you are protect in any situation, contact the insurance professionals at Lou Aggetta Insurance.