Stay safe while using public Wi-Fi.
Accessing the internet isn’t normally a problem when you’re inside the confines of your own home. It’s secure and easy to connect to. While public Wi-Fi has made our lives a little easier and more connected, it also raises some security risks to personal information. To help stay safe while using public Wi-Fi, read on.
- Always connect to secured public networks whenever possible. If you can’t connect to a secured network, using an unsecured network may be okay if the connection requires some sort of login or registration.
- Never access personal bank accounts or sensitive data when connected to an unsecured public network.
- Avoid shopping online when using public Wi-Fi. Shopping requires sensitive data like credit card details, passwords, and more.
- Never leave your laptop, tablet or smartphone unattended in a public place, especially if you’re in an unfamiliar place.
- Always turn off automatic connectivity on your device. This prevents your device from connecting to devices and networks that you wouldn’t normally use.
- Use a VPN to ensure your privacy and anonymity when using public Wi-Fi.
Stay safe when using public Wi-Fi! For all of your personal insurance and commercial insurance needs, contact the team Lou Aggetta Insurance Services in Pleasant Hill.