Semiannual to-dos: change your clocks and tackle these tasks.
It’s almost time to “fall back,” gaining another hour of sunlight in the morning. Changing the clocks and savoring the early rays shouldn’t be the only things on your to-do list, though. The semiannual need to move your hour hand can serve as a reminder to tackle these other important home maintenance tasks.
- Thing about the other clocks in your home. For example, if you have a programmable thermostat it might be coming on later after you adjust to Daylight Saving Time. Similarly, your automatic lighting system will need to be adjusted if its clock doesn’t automatically change.
- As you’ve got your step stool out to reach those higher clocks throughout your house, check out your smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors. Test that they’re all functioning properly, and replace the batteries with fresh ones. You can use the old batteries in other non-essential equipment throughout your home until they die.
- Adjust your ceiling fan so it’s rotating clockwise. This will draw cold air up and away from your while pushing warmer air down. Just don’t forget to reverse it when you “spring forward”!
- Reduce your risk of a house fire by cleaning out your clothes dryer hoses and filter. While you’re thinking about filters, replace your furnace filter.
- Replace any expired medication in your medicine cabinet and first aid kit. Don’t forget to check the first aid kit in your car, too!
You put a lot of work into maintaining your home, so you deserve a homeowners insurance policy that will work equally hard for you! To get the coverage your home needs throughout the year, contact Lou Aggetta Insurance Services. Serving Pleasant Hill and the neighboring California cities, we can provide you with the right policy at the right price.