Identity theft is a huge problem in the U.S. and gets worse every year. As you become wiser to the thieves’ tricks, they are learning new ways to get access to your sensitive information. Follow these tips to avoid identity theft from damaging your financial security.
Most scammers try to steal your information online. But others will use more traditional methods. Always remember to:
- Make passwords that are difficult to replicate, and change them frequently
- Shred mail and receipts containing important information
- Check your computer for spyware or malware
- Report suspicious emails or phone calls asking for bank account or other identifying information
- Shop on websites that you know you can trust
- Check your account records regularly, as well as your credit reports, since these are the best methods of early detection
If you practice these behaviors consistently, you will be less likely to become a victim.
Identity theft prevention is all about protecting your investments. If you need advice about insurance in Pleasant Hill, California, contact Lou Aggetta Insurance to get a quote.