Determine if your small business would benefit from umbrella insurance.
As a small business owner, you understand just how important it is to protect your company. While you may have the right insurance in place, you could be lacking one important policy: umbrella insurance. This coverage is mistakenly believed to be only for big businesses with lots of liability risk. In reality, almost every business has liability risk that could put them out of business and shut the company’s doors for good. Before you dismiss it, determine if your small company needs umbrella insurance.
What is an umbrella policy?
There are a lot of different types of insurance policies available for small businesses, so it’s understandable that you may not be aware of them all. An umbrella insurance policy is designed to protect you and your business from any lawsuits or major claims that could be made against you in the course of doing business. It helps to protect all of your assets and investments from financial strain.
Top reasons why it’s important for a small business to have umbrella insurance:
- It’s more cost-effective to get umbrella insurance than to raise the limits on your existing liability policies.
- You can expand your coverage on several kinds of policies under one umbrella policy.
- Umbrella coverage gives you extra help for certain types of claims that may not be covered by your other liability policies.
- If you deal with high-net-worth individuals in your business, umbrella insurance is particularly useful in covering high lawsuit settlements.
- Umbrella insurance gives you an overall peace of mind that you have plenty of coverage across all of your various policies.
Are you ready to get started on your business’s umbrella insurance? Contact Lou Aggetta Insurance Services today in Pleasant Hill, California.