Many 4th of July celebrations are centered on outdoor activities, from swimming, to barbecuing, to watching firework shows. Although these are all fun activities, they also can be dangerous if the proper precautions are not taken. Following these 4th of July safety tips can help make sure that everyone enjoys the holiday.
- Never allow small children to light fireworks or sparklers.
- Never throw fireworks towards people, animals, buildings, vehicles, or flammable materials.
- Make sure to read all instructions and check with local laws before lighting off your own fireworks.
- Keep water or a fire extinguisher nearby to put out any small fires that fireworks may cause.
- Never leave a lit grill unattended.
- Keep the grill in an open area, away from any buildings or low hanging tress.
- Never use a grill indoors, including inside of a tent, camper, or vehicle.
- Always keep water or a fire extinguisher nearby while grilling.
- Always supervise small children when they are near any water.
- Never swim while under the influence of alcohol.
- If you are not comfortable with your swimming abilities, make sure to wear the proper floatation devices, such as a life jacket.
- Always wear sunscreen with at least 15 SPF and that protects from both UVA and UVB rays when outside.
- Reapply sunscreen at least every two hours while in the sun.
- Drink plenty of water and avoid staying in the sun during the hottest part of the day to avoid getting sun illnesses.
During this holiday, it is important to make sure that you have the proper homeowners insurance to protect your investment in case of a fire caused by a firework or grill. Contact the insurance professionals at Lou Aggetta Insurance in Pleasant Hill, California to get a quote today for the most comprehensive homeowners insurance policy to fit all your needs.